Table of Contents
- 1 What is the meaning of special committee?
- 2 How do you put committee in a sentence?
- 3 How do you use joint committees in a sentence?
- 4 What is an example of a special committee?
- 5 What is an example of a committee?
- 6 What is a committee for kids?
- 7 How do you use Minutemen in a sentence?
- 8 What is a joint committee example?
- 9 Do you capitalize the word committee in a committee name?
- 10 When do you capitalize the word subcommittee in a sentence?
What is the meaning of special committee?
noun. A committee set up to investigate a specific matter, usually having a limited number of members and established for a limited time period.
How do you put committee in a sentence?
a self-constituted organization to promote something.
- The committee has decided to dismiss him.
- Mrs Meddeman heads the fund-raising committee.
- The committee ultimately adopted his suggestions.
- The committee lacked a correct estimate of his ability.
- The committee voted to re-elect him chairman.
How Do You Use committee of Correspondence in a sentence?
How Do You Use Committees of Correspondence in a sentence?
- Rubin says he gave the money to the Committees of Correspondence.
- Hooper was also appointed to the Committee of Correspondence and Inquiry.
- They met here in 1773 to develop intercolonial committees of correspondence.
How do you use joint committees in a sentence?
Joint-committee sentence example Opposition on petition could be heard before a select committee or a joint committee as in the case of private bills. He was a member of the joint committee which drew up and reported (1877) the Electoral Commission Bill, and subsequently served as a member of the commission.
What is an example of a special committee?
Examples include the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in the House and the Select Committee on Intelligence in the Senate. Some select committees are called special committees, such as the Senate Special Committee on Aging.
What is the purpose of a conference committee?
A conference committee is a temporary, ad hoc panel composed of House and Senate conferees formed for the purpose of reconciling differences in legislation that has passed both chambers. Conference committees are usually convened to resolve bicameral differences on major or controversial legislation.
What is an example of a committee?
Examples are an audit committee, an elections committee, a finance committee, a fundraising committee, and a program committee. Committees may be formed to do research and make recommendations on a potential or planned project or change.
What is a committee for kids?
definition: a group of persons chosen to give attention to a particular matter.
How do you use Minuteman in a sentence?
1. The Minutemen have suffered lapses on offense and defense. 2. Marcus Camby scored 23 points and grabbed seven rebounds, Donta Bright made a huge 3-pointer and the Minutemen won.
How do you use Minutemen in a sentence?
Eight minutemen are guarding the house where Adams and Hancock are sleeping. At Lexington they met a company of minutemen, and there were shots and bloodshed. Even in the town they could not rest, for an ever-increasing body of minutemen kept swarming into Concord from every direction.
What is a joint committee example?
A Joint Committee of the United States Congress is a congressional committee consisting of both Senate and House members and having jurisdiction over matters of joint interest. An example of a joint committee is the Joint Committee on the Library.
How do you use filibuster in a sentence?
Filibuster in a Sentence 🔉
- The senator will filibuster to prevent a vote on the bill.
- John will filibuster, talking the gun bill to death.
- The filibuster took so long that everyone left the Senate. 🔉
- Strom Thurmond’s senate filibuster lasted over 24 hours.
- Ed began to filibuster, crushing any hope of reaching a vote.
Do you capitalize the word committee in a committee name?
Capitalize when part of a formal name. For example, the House Committee on Ethics Do not capitalize “committee” in shortened versions of long committee names. For example, the Special Senate Select Committee to Investigate Improper Labor-Management Practices.
When do you capitalize the word subcommittee in a sentence?
Subcommittee. Lowercase when used with the name of legislative body’s full committee. Capitalize when a subcommittee has a proper name of its own.
Do you capitalize the word committee in AP style?
AP Style Committee, Subcommittee Home» AP Style» AP Style Committee, Subcommittee Do I Capitalize Committee or Subcommittee? Committee Do not abbreviate. Capitalize when part of a formal name. For example, the House Committee on Ethics Do not capitalize “committee” in shortened versions of long committee names.