Table of Contents
- 1 What is a characteristic of democracy?
- 2 What are 5 characteristics of democracy?
- 3 What is a characteristic of government?
- 4 What are the characteristics of democracy Class 10?
- 5 What are the defining characteristics of a constitutional government?
- 6 What are the various characteristics of democracy Class 10?
What is a characteristic of democracy?
He describes democracy as a system of government with four key elements: i) A system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections; ii) Active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life; iii) Protection of the human rights of all citizens; and iv) A rule of law in …
What are 5 characteristics of democracy?
Characteristics of Democracy
- Elected representative.
- Civil liberties.
- Independent judiciary.
- Organised opposition party.
- Rule of law.
- Citizens in a democracy have not only rights but also the responsibility to participate in the political system.
What are the characteristics of democracy quizlet?
Terms in this set (7)
- Democracy. a system of government that gives power to the people.
- Citizen Rule. citizens have the power to decide who will be the decision makers that run the government.
- Majority Rule and Minority Rights.
- Individual Rights.
- Free and Fair Elections.
- Citizen Participation.
- Cooperation and Compromise.
What is one characteristic of a true democracy?
Legal equality, political freedom and rule of law are often identified as foundational characteristics for a well-functioning democracy.
What is a characteristic of government?
control its external affairs. •Government—issues and enforces rules for the people living within its. territory; government must be recognized from within and by other nation. states in the international community. •Territory—Must have clearly defined and recognized borders.
What are the characteristics of democracy Class 10?
Characteristics of Democracy:
- The government formed by elected representatives of citizens.
- The government is responsible and accountable to people of the country.
- More than one political parties compete for political power.
- It accommodates social diversity.
- It promotes dignity and freedom of the individual.
What is democracy and its characteristics Class 10?
The Characteristics of democracy are: 1) Elected representative : The people among themselves elect representatives who would govern them. 2) Civil liberties : Civil liberties such as freedom of speech, expression, etc are provided to the people.
Which of these is not a characteristic of democracy?
Explanation: As our country is a democratic country, we can see that our trade unions are allowed. Thus we can understand that, option (c) is not a characteristic of democracy, or a democratic country.
What are the defining characteristics of a constitutional government?
Constitutional government is defined by the existence of a constitution—which may be a legal instrument or merely a set of fixed norms or principles generally accepted as the fundamental law of the polity—that effectively controls the exercise of political power.
What are the various characteristics of democracy Class 10?
What are the characteristics of a good government?
Good governance has nine major characteristics:
- Consensus oriented.
- Effective and efficient.
- Equitable and inclusive.
- Follows the rule of law.
Which is true of democracy?
Answer: 1)Democracy is a form of government in which the rulers are elected by the people. Democracy is suitable for large countries with wide diversities. Democracy is most suitable to accommodate social diversities.