Table of Contents
What are the 20 examples of homophones?
20 Example of Homophones
What are 50 examples of homophones?
50 Homophones with Meanings and Examples
- Aunt (noun) or Aren’t (contraction) –
- Ate (verb) or Eight(noun) –
- Air (noun) or Heir (noun) –
- Board (noun) or Bored (adjective) –
- Buy (verb) or By (preposition) or Bye (exclamation) –
- Brake (noun, verb) or Break (noun, verb) –
- Cell (noun) or Sell (verb) –
What are the 100 examples of homophones?
100 Examples of Homophones
- abel — able.
- accede — exceed.
- accept — except.
- addition — edition.
- all ready — already.
- 6.ax — acts.
- axel — axle.
- axes — axis.
What are the 25 examples of homophones?
25 Sets of English Homophones All English Learners Should Know
- ate, eight. ate (verb): This is the simple past tense of the verb “to eat.”
- bare, bear. bare (adjective): If something is bare, it means that it’s not covered or not decorated.
- buy, by, bye.
- cell, sell.
- dew, do, due.
- eye, I.
- fairy, ferry.
- flour, flower.
How do you memorize homophones?
How to learn homophones
- Link the words with others that you know:
- Look at the letter that is different. Think of a link that helps you remember the meaning. Draw pictures and write the words in a cross, like this:
- Look for small words within the main word:
What is a commonly confused homophones?
Homophones are two or more words that sound alike, but have different meanings or spellings. But other homophones are difficult, even for native English speakers. Bear and Bare. One set of commonly confused homophones are the words bear and bare.
What is homophones give five example?
Sometimes, homophones are even spelled and sound exactly the same but still have different meanings: ‘rose’ (the flower) and ‘rose’ (past tense of rise); ‘lie’ (to tell an untruth) and ‘lie’ (to lie down); ‘bear’ (the animal) and ‘bear’ (to put up with) are more examples of homophones. …
What are homophones give 10 examples?
Examples of Homophones
|air, heir||aisle, isle|
|some sum||son, sun|
|stair, stare||stationary, stationery|
|steal, steel||suite, sweet|
|tail, tale||their, there|
What are the 10 examples of homophones?
|List of Homophones|
|Homophone Words & Sentences||Homophone Words & Sentences|
|Eye – She is blind in one eye||Aye – Aye! you are right here and they are searching for you all over.|
|Fined – He was fined 10 thousands rupees for driving without a helmet.||Find – I could find myself new topics to write articles|
What are 10 homophones examples?
Examples of Homophones
|ad, add||ate, eight|
|aunt, ant||be, bee|
|blew, blue||buy, by, bye|
|cell, sell||hear, here|
|hour, our||its, it’s|
What is homophones of new?
Knew and new are homophones. They sound exactly alike, but have different meanings and spellings. New is an adjective that means the opposite of old.