Table of Contents
How do you use ebb in a sentence?
Ebb sentence example
- He listened intently to the ebb and flow of these sounds.
- She didn’t know what he was, only that the ebb and flow of magic and energy between them felt …
- Gabriel sat in silent thought, comforted by the ebb and flow of the waves.
- The causes of the ebb were both internal and external.
What does ebb mean in slang?
|EBB||Electronic Bulletin Board Governmental » Military — and more…|
|EBB||Effecting Beyond A Boycott Business » General Business|
|EBB||Electric Blow Back Academic & Science » Electronics|
|EBB||Exponentially Bounded Burstiness Miscellaneous » Unclassified|
|EBB||Everybody Bulletin Board Miscellaneous » Unclassified|
How do you use ebb and flow?
Ebb and flow in a Sentence 🔉
- Ticket sales ebb and flow depending on the popularity of the movie showings.
- The ebb and flow of the game left little excitement for the restless crowd.
- Long ago, the couple decided to accept the ebb and flow of their relationship and stick together during good times and bad.
What does ebb tide mean?
Definition of ebb and flood tides: Ebb is the tidal phase during which the water level is falling and flood the tidal phase during which the water level is rising.
What does ebbing away mean?
to decline or decay; fade away: His life is gradually ebbing.
Is ebb a Scrabble word?
Yes, ebb is in the scrabble dictionary.
What are ebbs in cooking?
EBBS – Everything But Bagel Seasoning.
Is Ebb up or down?
Definitions of ebb down. verb. flow back or recede. synonyms: ebb, ebb away, ebb off, ebb out. Antonyms: surge, tide.
How do you use ebbs and flow in a sentence?
The Florida totals are absolutely liquid, with the ebbs and flows of majorities, small as they are, changing hourly. The surface tension of water is increased, and even the density of air surrounding the Earth ebbs and flows like the tides in the sea.
What does ebb and slack mean?
The incoming tide along the coast and into the bays and estuaries is called a flood current; the outgoing tide is called an ebb current. The weakest currents occur between the flood and ebb currents and are called slack tides.
How do you use ebb tide in a sentence?
There was a strong ebb tide with 15 feet of water. Essentially the water would be drawn from the ebb tide of the Thames, which is about two thirds less salty than the sea. The crossing of the bar requires considerable care, and at ebb tide the outward current runs 51knots per hour.
What is the synonym of ebb?
Some common synonyms of ebb are abate, subside, and wane. While all these words mean “to die down in force or intensity,” ebb suggests the receding of something (such as the tide) that commonly comes and goes.