Table of Contents
- 1 Why is my question mark not working on Mac?
- 2 How do you get a question mark on a Mac keyboard?
- 3 How do you fix an unresponsive keyboard on a MacBook Pro?
- 4 How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
- 5 Why can’t I use the question mark on my keyboard?
- 6 What is the shortcut key for question mark?
- 7 How do I fix unresponsive keyboard keys?
- 8 How do I reset my MacBook pro keyboard?
- 9 What to do when you get a question mark on your MacBook?
- 10 Why is my Mac flashing a question mark?
Why is my question mark not working on Mac?
A folder with a flashing question mark means that your startup disk is no longer available or doesn’t contain a working Mac operating system. If the question mark appears only momentarily before your Mac starts up normally: Reset NVRAM. Make sure that your preferred startup disk is selected in Startup Disk preferences.
How do you get a question mark on a Mac keyboard?
Creating the question mark symbol on a U.S. keyboard On English PC and Mac keyboards, the question mark is on the same key as the forward slash key, to the left of the right Shift key. Pressing and holding down the Shift while pressing? creates a question mark.
How do you fix a Mac keyboard that won’t type?
If your Mac doesn’t respond to key presses
- Disconnect and reconnect the keyboard. Make sure the connector is completely inserted into the port.
- Connect your keyboard to a different USB port or to a different Mac. If this solves the problem, your Mac may need to be repaired.
- Connect a different keyboard to this Mac.
How do you fix an unresponsive keyboard on a MacBook Pro?
Here’s how to fix a MacBook Pro keyboard that has stopped working:
- Clean your keyboard.
- Plug in your MacBook.
- Check for updates.
- Remove recent apps.
- Restart the Touch Bar.
- Turn off Slow Keys.
- Turn off Mouse Keys.
- Check your keyboard layout setting.
How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
How to Hard Reset MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I start my Mac in recovery mode?
Reboot your Mac. Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R to force your Mac to boot into macOS Recovery Mode over the internet. This should boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
Why can’t I use the question mark on my keyboard?
Find yourself typing away and go to hit the Question Mark and have É instead? press CTRL+SHIFT (press CTRL first and while holding press SHIFT, sometimes you have to do it twice in a row to disable.)
What is the shortcut key for question mark?
|!||Exclamation mark||⇧ + 1|
|¿||Inverted question mark||Alt + 0191|
|?||Question mark||⇧ + /|
|(||Opening parenthesis (round bracket)||⇧ + 9|
Why can’t I type on my MacBook pro?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Keyboard, then click Input Sources. Select “Show Input menu in menu bar.” Open the Input menu, then make sure the correct keyboard layout is selected.
How do I fix unresponsive keyboard keys?
The simplest fix is to carefully turn the keyboard or laptop upside down and gently shake it. Usually, anything beneath the keys or inside the keyboard will shake out of the device, freeing up the keys for effective functioning once again.
How do I reset my MacBook pro keyboard?
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time. Release the keys.
How do I restart my MacBook Pro keyboard?
Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents. Control–Command–Media Eject : Quit all apps, then restart your Mac.
What to do when you get a question mark on your MacBook?
Download and install the Recoverit Mac Data Recovery software on your Mac or Windows computer. When you install it, choose where the question mark is coming from and the data you want to recover. Then launch the scanning process to recover corrupted or damaged files by clicking the Start button.
Why is my Mac flashing a question mark?
The first case occurs when your Mac shows a flashing folder with a question mark for a few seconds. In this case, you reselect the Startup Disk from system preferences. The second case happens when your Mac is stuck in the flashing folder with a question mark without booting.
How do I recover a flashing question mark?
Launch the tool, and from the main interface, select Recover Data. Step V. Select the type of data and the location of the flashing question mark drive. Step VI. Click Scan after you turn on the Deep Scan feature for rigorous searching. Step VII. Click Recover, and on the dialog box, specify the save location and click Save.