Table of Contents
- 1 Which Indian monument do you like the most Why?
- 2 What is used to build this monument?
- 3 Which monument was built in India?
- 4 Which is the main monument of India?
- 5 Why do we build monuments?
- 6 What is a historical monument?
- 7 What do you need to know about a monument?
- 8 How is the type of granite in a monument determined?
Which Indian monument do you like the most Why?
Inarguably the greatest monument in India and certainly the most visited, the Taj Mahal stands as an epitome of love, the extravagant Mughal architectural and an era where India was referred to as the golden bird.
What is used to build this monument?
The world’s most ancient monuments are made of limestone. The pyramids at Giza were built of limestone blocks surrounded by a layer of granite. The Roman Colosseum was built using limestone. It is a sedimentary stone composed of fossilized organic sea creatures like clams, corals, brachiopods and bryozoans.
What are the different types of monuments?
Monuments of India
- Taj Mahal Agra. Starting from.
- Qutub Minar Complex New Delhi. Starting from.
- Sun Temple Konark Puri. Starting from.
- Group of Monuments, Hampi Hampi. Starting from.
- Khajuraho Khajuraho. Starting from.
- Ajanta Caves Aurangabad. Starting from.
- Fatehpur Sikri Complex Fatehpur Sikri.
- Group of Monuments Mahabalipuram.
Which historical monument would you like to visit Why?
- Taj Mahal, Agra.
- Mysore Palace, Mysore. The Palace of Mysore is the most famous historical monument, located in the city of Mysore in Karnataka and one of the most visited monuments in India.
- Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar.
- Brihadishwara Temple, Thanjavur.
- Bahai Temple, Delhi.
Which monument was built in India?
Here is our list of the top monuments in India that are absolutely a must visit:
|Taj Mahal Agra||Gateway of India Mumbai||India Gate New Delhi|
|Dilwara Temples||Sanchi Stupa||Elephanta Caves|
|Fatehpur Sikri||Gingee Fort Villupuram||Golconda Fort Hyderabad|
|Mahabalipuram||Hill Palace Museum||Jaisalmer Fort|
Which is the main monument of India?
1. Taj Mahal, Agra. The Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world and is considered to be the most popular tourist attraction in the country in addition to being one of the most important historical monuments in India. A symbol of love, the Taj was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his queen Mumtaz.
Which type of rock is used in this monument?
The Washington Monument in Washington D.C. is largely composed of granite. Many Greek and Roman architects used marble as a building medium, according to Granite Land. Marble comes in a vast variety of colors with intricate patterns. The Taj Mahal in India is built with polished white marble.
Which type of rock is used to make this monument?
Marble was used for the construction of Taj Mahal.
Why do we build monuments?
A monument gives someone a place to come, visit, grieve, and remember the dead. Building monuments creates an everlasting object symbolizing the life and accomplishments of an individual, bringing meaning and understanding to future generations of those who have come before.
What is a historical monument?
Historic monuments are fixed assets that are identifiable because of particular historic, national, regional, local, religious or symbolic significance; they are usually accessible to the general public, and visitors are often charged for admission to the monuments or their vicinity.
What historical place would you like to visit?
Here’s the best to see this year:
- Favorite Historical Site #1: Machu Picchu.
- Favorite Historical Site #2: Tikal.
- Favorite Historical Site #3: The Pyramids at Giza.
- Favorite Historical Site #5: Petra.
- Favorite Historical Site #6: Stonehenge.
- Favorite Historical Site #7: The Colosseum and Forum.
Who made monuments?
GK – Historical Monuments of India
|Taj Mahal||Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan||Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
|Konark Sun Temple||Narasimhadeva I (Eastern Ganga Dynasty)||Konark, Odisha|
|Fatehpur Sikri||Mughal Emperor Akbar||Agra, UP|
|Bibi Ka Maqbara||Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb||Aurangabad, Maharashtra|
What do you need to know about a monument?
It includes granite columns, bronze sculptures, fountains, and the Rainbow Pool. A monument is something built to honor or remember a person or event. It might be a building, a statue, or a pillar. If you could design your own memorial or monument, what would it look like?
How is the type of granite in a monument determined?
How Monuments Are Made. Granite is a natural stone that starts as molten rock. The type of granite is determined by the minerals that were mixed together to create the molten rock and by the rate at which the granite cools and solidifies.
Who was the first person to build a memorial?
In the 1948 competition for the memorial design, an unknown Eero Saarinen beat out his famous father, Eliel, with a simple but powerful steel parabola. America’s first modern monument, the 630-foot-high engineering marvel did not begin construction until 1963, two years after its designer’s death.
Which is an example of a monumental structure?
In more recent times, monumental structures such as the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower have become iconic emblems of modern nation-states. The term monumentality relates to the symbolic status and physical presence of a monument.