Table of Contents
Where is the fuel safety switch located?
Look for the fuel pump switch or inertia switch. This is a small box with a plastic button on top and an electrical connector at the bottom. On some vehicle models, this will be located in the luggage compartment. Look on a side panel for a small, round button which you can pry off with a small screwdriver.
How do I reset my fuel shut off switch?
How to Reset a Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Locate your car’s inertial trigger or airbag control module.
- Push the button on the inertial switch; it should be clearly marked as the fuel pump reset, and may be in a contrasting color to the case.
Where is the fuel pump inertia switch?
Where are the three emergency fuel shut off switches located?
Emergency Fuel Shut Off Switch Location on Other Cars Behind or below glove compartment, sometimes hidden under the carpet; Under side-panel located next to the drivers’ door; On the driver side, between the footrest area and door, sometimes hidden under the carpet.
What would cause a fuel pump to not turn on?
There can be a sensor or electronic control unit (ecu) issue. If either due to a faulty crank sensor, or ecu, the crank sensor signal is not being read, the ignition and fuel pump systems will not power up. Also, a faulty ignition module can create the same issue.
How do I know if my inertia switch is bad?
Usually a bad or failing fuel pump shut off switch will produce a few symptoms that can alert the driver of a potential issue….Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch
- Engine suddenly stops while driving.
- Switch that trips for no reason.
- No start condition.
Where is fuel shut off solenoid?
The part in the bottom of the carburetor bowl is a fuel shut off solenoid. You should take it out of the carburetor and clean the plunger on it.
How do I know if my fuel pump fuse is blown?
How do I know if my fuel pump fuse is bad?
- Engine stalls. One of the first symptoms of an issue with the fuel pump relay is an engine that suddenly stalls.
- Engine does not start. Another symptom of a faulty fuel pump relay is an engine that does not start.
- No noise from the fuel pump.