Table of Contents
- 1 What is an antonym for the word for?
- 2 What is the opposite of incidence?
- 3 What is the best synonyms for incident?
- 4 Are antonyms opposites?
- 5 Which is the closest antonym for the word burgeoning?
- 6 What is the synonym of the word incidence?
- 7 How do you use the word opposite?
- 8 What are some antonyms for the word incident?
- 9 What is the opposite of incident?
What is an antonym for the word for?
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for for. against, agin.
What is the opposite of incidence?
incidence. Antonyms: reflection, resilience, rebound. Synonyms: impingement, impact, stroke.
What is the best synonyms for incident?
What is an antonym for the word example?
What is the opposite of example?
How do I find an antonym?
To find an antonym, follow these steps:
- Position the insertion point in the word you wish to check.
- Press Shift+F7.
- If antonyms are available for the word, you will see the phrase “(Antonym)” after the word.
- Position the mouse pointer over the antonym in which you are interested.
Are antonyms opposites?
An antonym is a word that is the opposite of another word. An opposite can be the other side of, reverse of, or something contrary to anything, not just words. ‘Up’ is the antonym/opposite of ‘down.
Which is the closest antonym for the word burgeoning?
antonyms for burgeoning
What is the synonym of the word incidence?
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for incidence. appearance, occurrence.
Which is the closest antonym for the word disaster?
antonyms for disaster
- good luck.
What incident means?
1a : an occurrence of an action or situation that is a separate unit of experience : happening. b : an accompanying minor occurrence or condition : concomitant. 2 : an action likely to lead to grave consequences especially in diplomatic matters a serious border incident.
How do you use the word opposite?
directly facing each other.
- He pointed to something on the opposite bank.
- Their views are at opposite extremes from each other.
- They have opposite views on the issue.
- The post office is opposite the station.
- His words had exactly the opposite effect.
- The people sitting opposite us looked very familiar.
What are some antonyms for the word incident?
Antonyms for incident. noun: decree, plan, appointment, intention, provision, preparation, certainty, necessity, fate, ordinance, purpose, foreordination, law, calculation, Ordainment. Usage examples for incident. Let me pass to the new incident in my career which brought me for the second time before the public notice in a court of law.
What is the opposite of incident?
12 Incident antonyms. What are opposite words of Incident? Basic, base, rash. Full list of antonyms for Incident is here.
What is another name for an incident?
Some common synonyms of incident are circumstance, episode, event, and occurrence. While all these words mean “something that happens or takes place,” incident suggests an occurrence of brief duration or secondary importance. When would circumstance be a good substitute for incident?
What is the noun for incident?
event, hap, happening, occasion, occurrence, thing. 2 something that is found along with something else. a teen discovering that taxes are the inevitable and evil incident of a paying job.