Table of Contents
What are the 6 largest deserts in the world?
The Largest Deserts In The World
- Antarctic Desert. Area (km²): 14,000,000.
- Arctic Desert. Area (km²): 13,985,000.
- Sahara Desert. Area (km²): 9,200,000.
- Australian Desert. Area (km²): 2,700,000.
- The Arabian Desert. Area (km²): 2,330,000.
- Gobi Desert. Area (km²): 1,295,000.
- Kalahari Desert. Area (km²): 900,000.
- Patagonian Desert.
What is the 5 largest desert in the world?
Some interesting facts about these deserts are mentioned below:
- Antarctic – 5.5 million square miles.
- Arctic – 5.4 million square miles.
- Sahara – 3.5 million square miles.
- Arabian – 1.0 million square miles.
- Gobi – 0.5 million square miles.
- Patagonian – 0.26 million square miles.
- Great Victoria – 0.25 million square miles.
What is the most popular desert?
List of deserts by area
|2||Arctic Desert||Alaska, Canada, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Jan Mayen, Norway, Russia, Svalbard, and Sweden|
|3||Sahara Desert||Algeria, Chad, Egypt, Eritrea, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, the Sudan, Tunisia, and Western Sahara|
What is the biggest desert in Asia?
Gobi Desert. The Gobi Desert is the largest desert in Asia, covering 500,000 square miles. Extending from northern China into Mongolia , the Gobi Desert receives an average of 7 inches of rainfall each year because the Himalaya mountains block rain clouds from reaching the region. The silk road actually passes through the Gobi Desert,…
What are the deserts in Asia?
ASIA DESERTS: Several significant deserts stretch across Asia and the Middle East. Here we highlight of the map and brief description of the major ones, including the Arabian, Gobi, Karakum, Kyzylkum, Takla Makan and Thar. The Arabian Desert is a vast desert wilderness stretching from Yemen to the Persian Gulf and from Oman to Jordan and Iraq.
What is the largest desert in the world?
The largest desert in the world is the interior of Antarctica. This has an area of about 14,000,000 km 2 (5,400,000 sq mi). Rainfall in the Antarctic interior is extremely low, down to 20 millimeters (0.8 in) per year.
What are the names of deserts in the world?
There are 4 types of deserts: Polar Deserts, Subtropical Deserts, Cold Winter Deserts, and Cool Coastal Deserts. There is one best known desert in the world, the Sahara desert.