Table of Contents
- 1 How do you use bludgeoned in a sentence?
- 2 What is the definition for meandering?
- 3 Is a bludgeon a weapon?
- 4 How do you speak bludgeoning?
- 5 What is the synonym of burgeoning?
- 6 What does bloody but unbowed mean?
- 7 What does it mean to be bludgeoned with a club?
- 8 Can a large Bludgeon double as a mugging?
How do you use bludgeoned in a sentence?
Bludgeoned sentence example Ultimately, concert goer Meredith Hunter was bludgeoned to death in what may have been a racially motivated attack by the Hell’s Angels hired as security for the event. He ordered the drinks, sat down & then bludgeoned his pint all over himself and the poor girl.
What is the definition for meandering?
meander \mee-AN-der\ verb. 1 : to follow a winding or intricate course. 2 : to wander aimlessly or casually without urgent destination : ramble.
What does it mean burgeoning?
: growing, expanding, or developing rapidly a burgeoning market/industry a burgeoning city Colorado’s burgeoning marijuana industry had struggled under its own astonishing success since legal recreational sales began Jan.
What’s the meaning of unbowed?
1 : not bowed down. 2 : not subdued bloodied but unbowed.
Is a bludgeon a weapon?
bludgeon Add to list Share. As a noun, a bludgeon refers to a heavy club used as a weapon. Synonyms for bludgeon include truncheon, nightstick, cudgel, and billy club. It means to strike repeatedly with a heavy club or similar weapon.
How do you speak bludgeoning?
Tips to improve your English pronunciation:
- Break ‘bludgeoning’ down into sounds: [BLUJ] + [UHN] + [ING] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.
- Record yourself saying ‘bludgeoning’ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.
What is the purpose of a meander?
Meander lines differ from official boundary lines in that they are not fixed and constant. Meander lines are used by the government to define the shore, or bank, of a body of water as well as to measure the quantity of land in the adjoining tracts of lands that are subject to sale by the government.
How do you use the word burgeoning?
Burgeoning sentence example
- Thanks to the burgeoning of technology and social media, public opinion is the most powerful political force in the world today.
- A knock at the door disrupted his burgeoning lust for blood.
What is the synonym of burgeoning?
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for burgeoning. blooming, blossoming, flourishing, flowering.
What does bloody but unbowed mean?
Quick Reference. Proud of what one has achieved despite having suffered great difficulties or losses; originally as a quotation from W. E. Henley’s poem Invictus (1888), ‘My head is bloody, but unbowed.
What is another word for unbowed?
What is another word for unbowed?
What is the meaning of the word bludgeoning?
1. To hit with a heavy club or similar blunt instrument. 2. To strike with strong force: “The fields were often baked by the sun and bludgeoned by savage thunderstorms”(Linda Hasselstrom). 3. To overcome, often by intimidation or coercion.
What does it mean to be bludgeoned with a club?
tr.v. bludg·eoned, bludg·eon·ing, bludg·eons 1. To hit with a heavy club or similar blunt instrument. 2.
Can a large Bludgeon double as a mugging?
Their large could also double as a bludgeon in the unlikely event of a mugging. — Amy Drew Thompson, orlandosentinel.com, 13 Dec. 2020 Hegar, by contrast, has used the issue as a bludgeon. — Todd J. Gillman, Dallas News, 26 Oct. 2020 Hobbes tells Marshall that people often use the subject as a bludgeon.