Table of Contents
How do you use beg?
1[intransitive, transitive] to ask someone for something, especially in an anxious way because you want or need it very much beg (for something) He wants to see them beg for mercy. beg somebody (for something) They begged him for help. Forgive me, I beg you!
What word means beg?
Synonyms & Antonyms of beg
- appeal (to),
What is begging sentence?
There are hundreds begging in the streets. 5. He had come down to begging when his father found him. 6. He burst into tears, begging her to forgive him and swearing to pay back everything he had stolen.
What is the difference between BEG and please?
As verbs the difference between beg and please is that beg is to request the help of someone, often in the form of money while please is (label) to make happy or satisfy; to give pleasure to.
How do you beg for something Examples?
to beg for something or beg someone to do something
- He begged her to stay, but she wouldn’t listen.
- I implore you to change your mind.
- He pleaded with the guards to be allowed to see his daughter.
- I appeal to the public to remain calm.
- The banners entreated the government to release the prisoners.
What does beg mean in texting?
Summary of Key Points
|Definition:||Big Evil Grin|
|Guessability:||5: Extremely difficult to guess|
|Typical Users:||Adults and Teenagers|
How do you beg formally?
- implore. `Tell me what to do!’
- beseech. She beseeched him to take more exercise.
- desire (formal) His Majesty desires me to make his wishes known to you.
- request. They requested him to leave.
- pray. They prayed for help.
- petition. She is petitioning to regain ownership of the business.
- conjure (formal)
- crave (informal)
How do you beg someone for something?
Here are the primary action steps to take:
- Act as if you expect to get it.
- Ask someone who can give it to you.
- Get the other person’s full attention.
- Be clear and specific.
- Ask from the heart.
- Ask with humor and creativity.
- Give something to get something.
- Ask repeatedly.
Is ask and beg the same thing?
As verbs the difference between ask and beg is that ask is to look for an answer to a question by speaking while beg is to request the help of someone, often in the form of money.
Does Please mean begging?
“Please” is simply the conventional term for softening requests to indicate that one is not just ordering people around. But Miss Manners is in total agreement with you that begging, on the part of those who are not in dire need, is abhorrent and unfortunately prevalent in today’s society.
How do you beg someone?
What does beg mean in the UK?
British Dictionary definitions for beg (1 of 2) beg 1. / (bɛɡ) / verb begs, begging or begged. (when intr , often foll by for) to solicit (for money, food, etc), esp in the street. to ask (someone) for (something or leave to do something) formally, humbly, or earnestlyI beg forgiveness; I beg to differ.