Table of Contents
- 1 How can I make my V8 more fuel efficient?
- 2 How can I make my 350 Chevy more fuel efficient?
- 3 Can you make an old engine more fuel efficient?
- 4 Is it better to keep your gas tank full?
- 5 How can I drive to save fuel?
- 6 What parts improve gas mileage?
- 7 Is the 305 Chevy engine a good engine?
- 8 What kind of manifold do I need for a Chevy 305?
How can I make my V8 more fuel efficient?
How to Save Gas in my V8
- Stick to highways whenever possible.
- Accelerate slowly but steadily from a stop, such as at a traffic light.
- Load the vehicle with items you need for work or the people you’re transporting, but keep the extras to a minimum.
How can I make my 350 Chevy more fuel efficient?
How to Get Better Gas Mileage in a 350 Chevrolet
- Make sure your motor and tires are properly maintained.
- Replace the tires on the vehicle with specially-made low rolling resistance tires.
- Try to avoid traveling with additional or unnecessary weight in your vehicle.
How can I make my engine more fuel efficient?
To save fuel, start the engine and then drive the car normally to warm the engine to operating temperature more rapidly. Drive conservatively. Avoid “jack rabbit” starts, rapid acceleration and hard braking, which can lower fuel economy by 15 to 30 percent at highway speeds and 10 to 40 percent in stop-and-go traffic.
What year is the best Chevy 305 engine?
What year is the best Chevrolet 305 engine? The simple answer to this question is that it depends. If you’re looking for high horsepower, look to a later fuel-injected model in the late 1980s or early 1990s. If you’d prefer a carburetted model, a late 1970s or early 1980s model will do well.
Can you make an old engine more fuel efficient?
You can make your classic car more fuel-efficient by rebuilding its engine and transmission completely. Start by replacing a ring, bearing, or gasket, and then, work on the electrical system. These improvements should give your car a significant gain in fuel economy and power.
Is it better to keep your gas tank full?
Habitually running the car to empty could lead to fuel pump damage and a repair potentially costing hundreds or even thousands in parts and labor. Filling up can be painful when prices are high, but it is an investment that will protect your vehicle and save you more time and money down the road.
Does EFI get better gas mileage?
With EZ-EFI, the exact same mileage loop brought home 18.5 mpg. So there you go-FAST’s EZ-EFI is a bolt-on that works, goes on easily, returns better fuel mileage, and in some cases might squeak out a few more horsepower. When it comes to electronic fuel injection, it just doesn’t get any easier.
How many horsepower does a 350 engine have?
Chevy 350 Engine Specs The Chevy 350 engine is a 350 cubic inch (5.7-liter) small block V8 with a 4.00 and 3.48 inch bore and stroke. Depending on the year, make and model of a car, horsepower ranges from approximately 145 to more than 370.
How can I drive to save fuel?
Fuel-efficient driving techniques
- Accelerate gently. The harder you accelerate the more fuel you use.
- Maintain a steady speed. When your speed dips and bursts, you use more fuel, and spend more money, than you need to.
- Anticipate traffic.
- Avoid high speeds.
- Coast to decelerate.
What parts improve gas mileage?
Install These 4 Aftermarket Parts to Improve Your Gas Mileage
- High-Flow Cold Air Intake System. One of the first aftermarket parts you should consider when you’re aiming for better gas mileage is an air intake system.
- Cat-Back Exhaust System.
- Performance Chip or Tuner.
- Performance Suspension Kits.
How do I get more power out of my Chevy 305?
- Replace the exhaust manifold. The stock exhaust manifold of the 305 engine restricts air flow from the engine increasing back pressure.
- Replace the intake manifold and carburetor.
- Add cold air induction.
- Replace the computer chip.
How much horsepower can a 305 handle?
I completely agree that a 305 can be built to make 450 hp. That’s not too difficult. The engine is limited to smaller heads with 1.94-inch valves because larger 2.02-inch valves won’t clear the cylinder wall.
Is the 305 Chevy engine a good engine?
The 305 Chevy engine has a lot of potential as a good engine, with a lot of options and customizations that can help to increase overall power. Though it may not compete as well with larger-displacement engines, it can still deliver plenty of power, despite its smaller bore size.
What kind of manifold do I need for a Chevy 305?
Purchase and install a TPI (tuned port injection) upper and lower intake manifold designed for a 1980s 305. The lower TPI manifold won’t quite align with the L98 heads, so you may need to gasket-match the intake to the heads with a die-grinder. If you don’t know how to port cylinder heads, have the machine shop do it for you.
What kind of truck can I use for a 305?
Pickup a used 350 preferably a 1996+ vortec 350 and build on it while you drive around in the 305 and then just swap over. The cost for those extra 45 cubic inches isn’t very much and worth every penny.
Can you lift the intake valve on a 305?
WARNING: 305 engines have tiny cylinders and I don’t recommend over .480 lift on that intake valve as you could shove the valve into the side of the cylinder.